Currently, the one plant that is THRIVING in my garden is the zucchini plant, oh and my yellow crookneck squash. I did not know those sunshine delights could grow to be the size of a laptop! Proof as to how often I make it to the garden these days. In any case, my ginormous vegetables provided zucchini muffins for lunch followed by these little pizza delights for dinner the other day.
I give these Italian Bites 4 out of 5 sippie cups. They taste DIVINE. However, one sippie cup is withheld because of the amount of time it takes to prepare them-longer than a Curious George episode, which my boys should not even be watching. That little monkey is so naughty! That’s lazy parenting for ya.
Thanks, Brian, for this creative way to use up the one that got away from me swelling to the size of a baseball bat.
This recipe is GLUTEN, EGG, DAIRY, AND GRAIN FREE.
1 massive zucchini (’tis possible with any size zuch. really)
Pizza sauce (I used this recipe and loved it.)
Manchego Cheese (or Romano, although, Manchego melts better)
Gluten Free Pepperoni (or any toppings that make your mouth water)
1. Slice zucchini into approximately ½ inch circles.
2. Place on broiler pan. (I used this pan assuming the zucchini would shed some water, they did not. Thus, I think a cookie sheet would be sufficient.)
3. Slather on the pizza sauce.
4. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Add any toppings that will convince your family it is indeed pizza.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and begins to brown.